Saturday, February 25, 2006

Drive Time

I found an Alexander Technique coach, or rather, two--Aese and Arro--who are husband and wife. Aese said of the work that it will help stop "movement from disconnecting you with feeling." This is exactly my problem. Aese and Arro work with singers and musicians more frequently than with actors, but their instincts seem well matched to my needs.

I'm down in Bend, at present. In an hour or so, I'm heading up to Mt. Bachelor for a day of easy skiing. Conditions are "packed powder," which may actually mean "white concrete" (it would back east), so I plan on just cruising, carving some wide turns, finding some speed, pretending I'm doing the GS in Torino.

I enjoyed the drive from Portland to Bend, yesterday. I haven't made it in a couple of years. I took it quite a bit slower than in the past, not wanting to get a speeding ticket, and found the relaxed pace refreshing. It was a sunny day. The drive gave me a chance to feel around inside more quietly than I've been doing lately; I've been too often brash in my introspection, too ready for answers. It's been a while since I've enjoyed solitude.

5

Next week, I'll be making overdue phone calls. Autumn, expect a page from "the Mayor."

No comments: