Saturday, March 04, 2006

A Hobson's Choice

Today, I turned down at an almost-sure shot at a lead role. Firstly, shoe-horning it into my schedule--especially around my acting class and another possible upcoming show--looked like a nightmare, which wasn't helped by the commute, since the gig was on the otherside of the I-5 bride, in Vancouver. Secondly, I am so much at sea, right now, that I don't know if I could give it my all; really, I don't know where I'm going, what I'm doing, whom I'm doing it with, or what. Thirdly, I was a bit scared of it. I would have been one of the most experienced actors on the stage, which tells you something. I would have been fighting constantly not to let anyone down. In general, I'd rather be under-estimated at the start of a job, not over-estimated.

My queasiness also comes from saying "no" to ANYONE who might be saying "YES" back.

4.5

No comments: