Thursday, April 20, 2006

On The Road

I want to tell you of the most mind blowing statement I've ever heard come out of my mouth, recently made to a couple of close friends:

"These days, I feel closer--rather than further--to being the man I want to be."

When I first heard myself say this I felt the shock of knowing that it's true. Unexpectedly, I have been feeling remarkably free of the ever-present self-hatred to which I have been accustomed all my life. And even as I find myself being kinder to my own most neurotic self (who will always make his appearances) I'm also finding myself less interested in him--I neither hold his hand so much or cast insults his way--and that means he hangs around less.

It's a whole new world, the road to which this blog has been mapping, since the beginning.

5

No comments: