Monday, September 04, 2006

THE TEMPEST @ NWCTC

I got lucky: I've been cast as Caliban in Northwest Classical Theatre Company's fall production of THE TEMPEST. Richard Reiten plays Prospero. Christy Conant directs.

My acting goals for this role are to 'find my clown' and enjoy physical freedom. I might also wear a big wig or shave my head, depending on which one--Grendel or Nosferatu--looks creepiest next to Prospero and Miranda, counterbalances Ariel, and is funny underfoot of Stephano (played by Tom Walton, who's not as short or delicate as I'd like him to be, for this!)

3 comments:

Trish Egan & Harold Phillips said...

Hey!!! Congrats on getting cast, David! That's great news!

Love the new headshot, by the way...

suzy said...

Luck? Nope. Don't think so. I'm pleased for you, David, and can't wait to see you in big wig or shaved head or whatever other disguise might conjur up the clown within!

David said...

Has NWCTC filled in its other supporting roles? Who are playing the leads, David?