Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Cool Things About Doing U/RTA

For me, one great aspect of U/RTA and other MFA auditions in Chicago last week? Being taken by both myself and auditors--who did not know me before--as the actor I am today, rather than the one I was six months or a year ago. Here at home, in Portland, I feel more self-conscious in the audition room, knowing my audience has been watching me grow over the duration of two-and-a-half years (yah, that's all it's been.)

Other great aspects of my U/RTA experience? Putting faces to the world of mfa/regional theater; seeing clearly the SPECIFIC improvements/growth I need to make to reach the standards of regional acting; seeing clearly that, in general, I CAN reach those standards; drinking with people whom I now consider colleagues.

What did you get out of it?

No comments: