Saturday, August 04, 2007

Sultry Houston

Today, I feel like I'm drinking as much as breathing air, so I take in gulps slower, lest I drown in the warm slush of oxygen and hydrocarbons. I think I like it.

I also think I like the Southern Belle-thing that the women have going on down here. I'm flirted with a dozen times a day and I do get confused, since I'm not used to it, and keep wanting to take it seriously, until I remember that I'd better learn this new language first before making a fatally embarrassing social faux pas. I don't see how all the men down here don't think they're sex gods.

2 comments:

Trish Egan & Harold Phillips said...

You need to go to a couple of Houston bars and start conversations with the patrons there... Texas men DO all think they're sex gods. Just ask them :)

David Loftus said...

I was gonna say, "They do. That's part of the problem."