Friday, October 12, 2007

Week Eight: Scrambling

My dance piece went well. In the midterm evaluation I received, I was told that I showed "a level of artistry one would expect from someone with some maturity." Jack also said, "in the dance piece I saw the guy I auditioned in Chicago. It would have been nice if he'd showed up eight weeks ago."

In my evaluation, my instructors also noted that they've seen me get behind in my work as I can't afford to do, and went to some pains to note that the workload is only going to get heavier. I'm being encouraged not to "freeze up"--both in and out the studio--in ways that would continue to put me behind.

Those of you who have worked with me may understand what the "freezing up" is about. Suffice it to say that I understand the challenge, and that THIS is my moment to meet it. If I do, then I will emerge from my first year of training as an artist. If I don't, then I'll unlikely be able to work at a more professional level than I have until now.

To that end, I need to grab some dinner, and get off book for two seperate rehearsals tonight. Next week, I'll try to resume relating notes about the specific training we're doing at the moment, though time is an issue.

No comments: