Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Harold in "Orphans"

I've been cast as Harold in "Orphans," by Lyle Kessler and directed by first-year grad director Clinton Hopper.  Clinton is also the Artistic Director of Nova Arts Project, a Houston theater company, so I'm in experienced hands (I liked what he did with the Bachae, this summer.)  In the UH 2008 fall season, no grad student was left uncast.

This is a rock'n three-hander.  The other actors are Aaron Glover (first-year MFA actor) and Jonathan Colunga, an advanced undergraduate actor, with whom I enjoyed working last year. 

We might end up doing this show in a classroom space, but Clinton thinks we might be able to find a more professional venue somewhere downtown.  

2 comments:

Signore Direttore said...

Congrats, David. I think this will be a great play for you right now, getting you out of your head and into your viscera. Add another debased father figure to your resume, my friend!

Harold Phillips said...

Sweet, David! Congrats! Let me know know if you need to do any research... I could tell you all about the trials and travails of being named "Harold..." :)