Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Well, Here We Are, Then.

Today, I completed work for my MFA and now expect to be awarded my degree, barring unpaid parking tickets or library fines.  I feel as if I've been cut loose from the mother ship and left to pirate for myself on the high seas of American theater.... rat-a-tat-tat, "prepare to be boarded!"  Gulp.

Now, it's time to pay my taxes (I took an extension,) make sure I'm going to have health insurance for a while, put my things into storage, take care of medical errands, and if I have any money left, consider a quick vacation or buying a new camera.  It's also time to do some serious walking (to take off these ten pounds of grad school weight) and research Malvolio.

Here I am, bobbing about, not expecting the horizon to level off any time soon.



3 comments:

Tim said...

I hope you continue to let us know about your piratical wanderings. It's a real treat, and hearty congrats are due!

Harold Phillips said...

Congrats David - the end of an era, indeed! Now go out there and take the world by storm!

David Loftus said...

Congrats, David. Don't forget your yellow stockings.