Friday, June 26, 2009

OSF Update

I've not been blogging enough, as you see. But, I am writing these days: p.r. material for Oklahoma Shakespearean Festival, most of which appears in The Durant Daily Democrat. It's light-weight writing, trust me. But, I'm stretching a few unused journalistic muscles, so that's good. A profile of one young actor in the company will appear in this Sunday's paper. More features shall follow.

Rehearsals proceed apace. The 1870s Louisiana milieu supports the story--to my mind, at least, though Sam and Paul dissent--mardis gras being a recent descendent of the old christian feast of Epiphany. This is a physical show, rooted in comedia del arte, and Aaron Adair is directing me toward large physical choices, which I'm thoroughly enjoying (unlike the old days, eh Neal?) This production balances more toward the comedy of this romantic comedy (whereas the production at The Delecorte appears to emphasis the romance, at least as I read the NYT review.) Tomorrow, Aaron, Adam Smith (Feste) and I drive down to Dallas to spend the afternoon with the Cajun band which will be playing in the show. Adam will rehearse with them and I'll take photographs and notes for a feature story.

Do me a favor, if you have a second: click this link for my website so that I can push it further up the google listings: davidmillstone.com. It's already doing well--it seems to pop up in the first half a dozen or so listing most of the time--but I'd like to keep it there. Of course, I need to hire a designer to make a proper site--this one's a do 'fer--and I'll get to that before the summer is out. Thanks much.




2 comments:

Dennis Baker said...

The way to get your website higher on Google is by how many links are pointing to your website, as well as other variable. Working to get higher ranks is called Search Engine Optimization (SEO).

I do SEO and web design work, so if you need some help, let me know. You can read more about the details of SEO at DENNIS BAKER LLC.

Harold Phillips said...

Dennis has the right of it... it's important to get visitors, but more important to get sites with a "High Value" to link to your site. The more links you have to your site, the higher up in the listings it goes. Work on getting links to your site.

Also... can you edit the code on your home page, specifically the "Meta Tags?" If so, be sure to add in the description and keyword "Meta Tags" - visit my site at http://www.haroldphillips.net (hey, look, my Google ranking just went up :) ) and choose "View Source" from your browser's menu. You'll see the "Meta Tags" I use on my site, and the search terms I added in. That'll help, too!