Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Shelburne

Shelburne, Vt. -- I'm sitting at Village Wine and Coffee, in Shelburne, midway between Burlington and Vergennes, near which my brother and sister-in-law live on Lake Champlain. I'm here for the blazing fast, and free, internet connection. I'm looking at a couple of cars that I might be able to buy by taking advantage of the "Cash for Clunkers" program and doing some theater research. The one car that would most fit my needs is a 2010 Subaru Outback, but it may be out of financial reach, at the moment.

I'm looking forward to getting a good look at Philadelphia, next week. I don't know if I'll end up there, though. For the moment, Portland, Or. is my home address--legally and spiritually--now that I've completed grad school. My upcoming audition with OSF is tantalizing, as it allows me to foresee how I can remain in Oregon, but I'm aware that this audition may be the first of many, over the coming years. I also see better now that I can do regional theater while making Portland my 'home base,' as I'm finding that travel stipends are not hard to come by. Philadelphia would work best if I can find good full-time work or a strong association with one or more local companies. One issue: health insurance. Because I may not be able to replace the health insurance that now requires me to remain in Oregon, I may not be able to relocate. I need full-time employment with health insurance to go elsewhere. I'm in (confirmed!) excellent health, now, but my recent scare was a doozy. I don't relish living without insurance.

1 comment:

Jeremy said...

What happend to Charlotte? I miss her already.