Tuesday, October 20, 2009

London Calling

It's been a long summer and autumn transitioning from school to professional life, but now, as options seem to be presenting themselves more clearly, and as I settle into creative work--and get out of my own little mad marketing frenzy--it's time for a short break.  Irene and I are going to London over Thanksgiving, to enjoy another town, and see some theater.  If you have any suggestions, drop me a note.

Today, I'm watching old movies, research for my one-man show.  I'm also jotting structural notes for the 50,000 word novel I'm writing during November as a participant in "National Novel Writing Month."  An hour per day of fast fiction writing will be my warm up to my main work of the first half of the month, writing a rough first draft of the show.  A few hours a day with words and sentences?  A vacation in its own right.

2 comments:

Harold Phillips said...

Tips? You're going to London in November - bring scarves. It'll be brisk, but not frigid. I'm sure you know about the half-price ticket booth in Leicester Square, right? Make that a destination, and leave yourself a little time to hang out in Leicester scquare - it's a great place. Also, be sure to give yourself time to go to the Theatre Museum in Drury Lane - it's an amazing place, and Trish and I didn't give ourselves enough time to really enjoy it.

Most of all, it's London, one of the greatest cities in the world. Don't overschedule yourselves - leave lots of open time to do nothing but walk around and enjoy it!

Have a great trip, man...

suzy vitello soulé said...

Never been to London, but I'll be happy to have you in the NaNoWriMo room with me.