Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Update: DANGEROUS WRITING

DANGEROUS WRITING (the movie) inches toward completion!  Picture is locked.  Original music for the soundtrack is nearly done; a trailer is in the works; end credits will soon be done; color correction will happen anon.  A major reason for my trip to Portland this coming December is to do my part in moving it to completion.

Neal A. Corl has written, directed and co-produced this film as a labor of love and dedication to an inquisitive, highly intelligent, deeply creative mode of filmmaking.  Neal experiments with film form, invites the audience to take chances, and challenges himself, actors, and artistic collaborators to work with clarity and improvisation.  Neal marries a still photographer's eye, novelist's sense of detail, and screenwriter's dramatic instincts.  When and if he subverts narrative expectations, he does it after having slyly invited his audience to collude, simultaneously challenging and seducing his audience, which is quite a trick.  DANGEROUS WRITING is often deeply funny by being deeply sly:  there's a lot going on in its complex mise en scene. You'll see what I mean.

I'm deeply proud of our film's quirky, sometimes enigmatic, beautifully filmed, questing little soul.  And you're going to hate me in it.

I mean that in a good way.

1 comment:

suzy vitello soulé said...

This is terrific news, David! I'm really glad Neal is taking this wonderful project to the finish line.

And, I don't hate you in it, btw.