Saturday, May 14, 2011

Equity

In the fall I will 'turn' Equity and put to rest the usual questions about whether or not I should.  Perhaps it's a smallish gamble.  Being union will put me out of contention with a number of small, worthy Philadelphia theaters, but I've been so much on the hunt for regional theater work that I'm willing to accept the cost.  It feels right, it's time, my resume is chock full o' big roles, and so here we go.

AEA membership also gives me the option to buy into SAG when I feel ready to go for the small t.v. and film roles that can both pay bills as well as satisfy a different kind of itch than theater does; an itch for behaving more than performing.  I don't at all mind leaving behind the world of non-union commercial work.

1 comment:

suzy vitello said...

Applause from Oregon.

xo