Sunday, June 12, 2016

Enrolled in PADI Dive Master Course

I recently signed up for a PADI scuba certification course, which will improve my diving skills and help me become a fit guide for other divers. I'm currently ceritified by PADI as a "Rescue Diver," which means that I spent time in the water hauling make-believe almost-drowned people back to the boat, fireman carrying them up the stern ladder, doing grid searches of underwater locales, and learning basics of emergency first aid care. Of course, I've forgotten some of the important stuff, such as first aid care, but I'll refresh all that knowledge for the DIVE MASTER course.

The film I'm currently writing will take place partly in the Caribbean and hopefully involve some scuba diving. I think I'll feel better about set safety and underwater photography by having done all I can to improve my skills before hand.

I'll be working on my Dive Master certification with Dive Connections, in Charlottesville, VA.



No comments: